Geisinger Cancer Institute
At Geisinger Cancer Institute, we know that cancer is a life changing experience, and we are dedicated to changing the way we care for our patients. Our vision includes an integrated approach to the health and well-being of our patients and families. Not only do we strive to provide the best possible care for our patients, we understand the devastation and disruption experienced by the entire family.
Care teams provide our patients with the most advanced treatments available anywhere. Then we make sure we take care of the family with the same level of concern and compassion. We realize dealing with cancer can be scary, but at Geisinger our patients feel safe and know they are receiving the best possible care – anywhere.
Help us redefine the future of cancer care
Through campaign support, we will continue to provide care close to home through an expanding regional network of care facilities. We will improve patient care through new research discoveries, novel clinical trials, and seamless collaboration of all care team specialists. Among other initiatives, campaign donations will help provide:
- A comprehensive Breast Cancer Program that leverages technology to provide the highest level of care and the best patient experience at all Geisinger care facilities.
- Community and patient educational programs to increase awareness about disease prevention, healthy lifestyles, and risk factors surrounding cancer.
- Early screening programs, resulting in early diagnosis and excellent outcomes.
- Additional Nurse Navigators® to assist patients through the challenges of fighting cancer.
- Research that is practical and patient-focused: earlier detection and diagnosis; faster access to the latest clinical trials and therapies, and genomic research that translates to individualized treatment for each patient.
- Improved survivorship programs that decrease the risk of reoccurrence, in part, through education and survivorship plans tailored uniquely for the patient.