Geisinger Women's Health
The vision of Geisinger Women's Health is to create a lifelong relationship with our patients through personalized and convenient care, for the well-being of women at every stage of their lives. We take an active interest in the healthcare of each patient to provide a full range of quality services - from routine to specialized care. We encourage each patient to actively participate in decisions about her healthcare - to determine what course of treatment or care plan will work best for her. Geisinger Women's Health focuses on care that is accessible, holistic, supportive, and improves the lives of our patients and their families.
Redefining care for women and families
We are refining a model of care that will produce outstanding health outcomes for women. For example, the Women's Heart Health Initiative links complications in pregnancy to future risk for cardiovascular disease, and opens access to early intervention, education, and treatment. Telemedicine allows us to extend the services of specialists in genetic counseling and high-risk pregnancy care to outlying clinics - providing expert care, close to home. With your support we will:
- Improve our Perinatal ProvenCare® model to insure the highest level of safety and achieve even more impressive outcomes for every expectant mother and her baby.
- Expand maternal fetal medicine for high-risk pregnancy care and add more locations, providing convenient access for more patients.
- Continue research efforts in a number of areas, such as hormonal and metabolic impacts on pregnancy, factors that complicate an otherwise healthy pregnancy such as infection or sleep disturbances, risk factors for preeclampsia, and gynecologic oncology.
- Fund a new labor and delivery unit that combines midwives, lactation specialists, and holistic practices with access to state-of-the-art interventions, if necessary.
- Focus on prevention, recognizing Geisinger Women's Health as the gateway to a lifetime of healthcare for each woman and her family.
Learn more about supporting women's health through every stage of life: