Simplifying Medicare & Medicaid coverage
Reducing health plan confusion for dual-eligible seniors
If you’re a senior, it’s probably tough enough just to understand the healthcare system and insurance coverages.
When you have to sift through the complex rules of Medicare and Medicaid dual-eligibility, it can be even worse.
The good news? As a dual-eligible senior, you’re covered for almost everything. The bad news? Dealing with two insurances, getting needed services and tracking payment can be confusing.
Geisinger is there
Making sense of dual-eligible coverage
Geisinger Gold Secure 1 (HMO SNP) is a Medicare-approved “Special Needs Plan” designed for people who are eligible for Medicare Part A, enrolled in Medicare Part B and full Medicaid coverage. Geisinger Gold Secure 1 is open for enrollment year-round for those who qualify and reside in the service area.
Member premiums are paid in part or in full by the health plan. Plus, it:
- Makes medical expenses more predictable because it covers doctor visits, hospitalization, diagnostic services such as X-rays.
- Allows better care coordination because your personal family doctor works directly with your other providers and specialists.
- Lowers out-of-pocket expenses because it works together with PA Medical Assistance and provides money towards over-the-counter medicines.
The plan is easy-to-use and provides attractive benefits that traditional Medicare and Medicaid alone do not cover, including:
- Low monthly plan premium
- Show only your Geisinger Gold ID card instead of Medicare and ACCESS to get covered services
- Dental benefits
- Eyewear/vision care benefits
- Over-the-counter medications and medical supplies
- Fitness benefits
- Access to more providers than Medicaid alone
- Dedicated care management nurses and programs to help members better manage chronic conditions and complex cases
Visit GeisingerGold.com or call 1 (800) 482-8163 for more information.
Geisinger Gold Medicare Advantage plans are offered by Geisinger Health Plan/Geisinger Indemnity Insurance Company, health plans with a Medicare contract. The benefit information provided is a brief summary, not a complete description of benefits. For more information contact the plan. Limitations, copayments, and restrictions may apply. Benefits, formulary, pharmacy network, premium and/or co-payments/co-insurance may change on January 1 of each year. You must continue to pay your Medicare Part B premium. Other providers are available in our network. This plan is available to anyone who has both Medical Assistance from the State and Medicare. Premiums, co-pays, co-insurance, and deductibles may vary based on the level of Extra Help you receive. Please contact the plan for further details.