Champions of better public transportation
More ways to travel means more access to care
You want to see a doctor, but getting there is impossible. You don’t drive. No one can give you a ride. And there are limited options for public transportation in our area.
We know it’s a problem. From recommending expanding evening and weekend service hours to more flexible local bus routes, we’re working together to try and fix it.
Geisinger is there
Working with community leaders
As an active member of North Central Pennsylvania Public Transportation Taskforce (NCPPTT), we meet regularly with community leaders and transportation officials to understand and discuss regional needs for transportation so that area residents have alternative, accessible, efficient and affordable means of travel.
The taskforce’s goals are:
- Identifying national trends in addressing rural transit needs
- Collecting data, including population, employment, income levels, car ownership
- Finding current gaps in transit service
- Developing projections for future transit demand
- Creating potential solutions
- Making plans for future improvements
The primary service area includes Columbia, Lycoming, Montour, Northumberland, Schuylkill, Snyder, and Union counties.
Making our own way
But we’re not just relying on the transportation task force to make a better way for patients who travel. We’re working with Montour County Transit and the Union Snyder Transportation Alliance to improve transportation for patients close to Danville.