Making a Difference Every Day
For more than 45 years, the Auxiliary at Geisinger Medical Center has dedicated itself to supporting the projects and initiatives of Geisinger Medical Center and the surrounding communities.
Since its inception, the Auxiliary has helped to raise millions of dollars for the medical center and other programs that touch many lives.
As a valued member of the Auxiliary, you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you play an integral role in the support of the Geisinger community. Some of the benefits of becoming a member of the Auxiliary include:
- Contributing toward the support of lifesaving services at Geisinger Medical Center
- Networking and career development
- Meeting dynamic, civically minded individuals
Members are invited to volunteer their time and talents in a way that works with their busy lives. Based on your interests and skills, there is an Auxiliary opportunity that is ideal for you, such as:
- Abigail's Attic, a consignment and thrift store in downtown Danville
- Miracle Square Gift Shop
- Lighting Up Tomorrow Gala
- Take Aim for Charity Trap Shoot
- Christmas craft sale
- Fashion show
- Local artist sale
Members of the 2011 Geisinger Auxiliary Gala Committee are, from left, Nikki Rump, Pam Franklin, Fran Bitterly, Melissa Udekwu, Kathy Gerow, and Donna Grafmyre.
The efforts of the Auxiliary are prominent throughout the campus of Geisinger Medical Center and the surrounding community. Below is a sampling of some of the projects the Auxiliary has funded because of the hard work of our members:
- The ARCTIC Program is a multi-disciplinary approach to cooling the body temperatures of cardiac arrest patients.
- Camp Victory provides children with chronic health problems, catastrophic illness, or who are physically or mentally disabled the help and encouragement they need to cope with lifelong challenges.
- The Child Advocacy Center, a division of the Janet Weis Children’s Hospital, was created to reduce the trauma children suffer as a result of abuse by decreasing the number of interviews conducted during child abuse investigations.
- Janet Weis Children’s Hospital and Women’s Pavilion offers extraordinary devotion to children from birth into adulthood, while the Women’s Pavilion offers comprehensive care to women from their teenage through their geriatric years.
- Mission Cataract provides cataract surgery to those patients who have no insurance and no ability to pay for their surgical care.
- No One Dies Alone provides volunteers who sit with patients at the end of life, playing quiet music and reading to them if requested.
- Shuttle busses offer convenient transportation to patients and visitors to and from hospital entrances and the Knapper Clinic.
Jackie Mensch attends to a dress form in Abigail's Attic.
Everyone is welcome to join the Auxiliary at Geisinger Medical Center. The Auxiliary offers an opportunity to make new friends and network, while helping to advance health-related social and medical projects.
For more information about the Auxiliary at Geisinger Medical Center or to join, please complete and return the membership form, call 570.271.6230 or e-mail email@example.com.