We’ll get you back in the game
The orthopaedic experts at Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center have a 30-year history of offering highly advanced, high quality orthopaedic and sports medicine services. This tradition continues as the team continues to add innovative services and programs, including the region’s first and only Geriatric Fracture program.
Joint Replacement and So Much More...
In July 2012, Geisinger–Orthopaedics, a service of Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center, was relocated to 1175 East Mountain Blvd., Wilkes-Barre. This 25,000-square-foot facility allows for an additional 7,800 patient visits and 400 surgical procedures annually.
In addition to 33 exam rooms, this is the only orthopaedic facility in the area to boast an on-site 2,000-square-foot physical therapy suite, including two treatment rooms and a hydrotherapy room. Also, located within the building is a 2,500-sqaure-foot fitness center for pre- and post-rehab patients.
Geisinger–Orthopaedics at GWV earns Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval
Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center (GWV) has officially earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval™ Disease-Specific Care for Hip Fracture, Total Hip Replacement and Total Knee Replacement by demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission’s national standards for health care quality and safety in disease-specific care.
GWV is one of two hospitals in Pennsylvania with Hip Fracture Certification, one of 20 with Hip Replacement Certification and one of 47 with Knee Replacement Certification.
Certification requirements for these programs address three areas: compliance with consensus-based national standards; effective and consistent use of appropriate, evidence-based clinical practice guidelines; and collection and analysis of four performance measures specific to each program certification. As a certified organization, GWV has been awarded certification for a two-year period. Regular reviews will be carried out in order to maintain and renew certifications.
Considering joint replacement?
Our orthopaedic expertsoffer more experience and options, including:
- Elbow replacement
- Hip replacement
- Knee replacement
- Shoulder replacement
- Partial joint replacement
- Joint replacement revision surgery
- Minimally invasive joint replacement
Advanced treatments for complex conditions
Specialty orthopaedic services and treatments available at GWV include:
- Arthroscopic surgery, using the smallest incisions possible
- Complex fracture care after accidents
- Custom casting and splinting
- Replacement and repair of tendons and ligaments
- Reconstructive surgery after injury, including sports injuries and other accidents
- Reconstructive surgery related to arthritis or deformities
Conditions we treat include:
- Autoimmune diseases, like systemic lupus or rheumatoid arthritis
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Congenital or inherited conditions
- Frozen shoulder
- Golfer's elbow
- Hand injuries
- Metabolic bone disease such as Paget’s disease
- Osteoarthritis, caused by wear and tear on the joints
- Rotator cuff injury of the shoulder
- Sprains and strains
- Tendon injuries
- Tennis elbow
- Osteoporosis, or loss of bone mineral density
- Trauma injuries
- Trigger finger
- Wrist injuries
For more information, click to learn more about the Geisinger Orthopaedic Institute.