Geisinger Wyoming Valley is Luzerne County’s Trauma Center
Geisinger Wyoming Valley (GWV) is the first and only accredited Level II Trauma Center in Luzerne County, Pennsylvania.
When is it an Emergency?
Director of Emergency Medicine Ronald Strony, MD, explains when you should visit an Emergency Room and why Geisinger is the right choice for care.
As an accredited Level II Trauma Center, and the region’s most advanced emergency department,Geisinger Wyoming Valley provides:
- Emergency and trauma services at all times
- Treatment for the most serious life threatening and disabling injuries
- An entire staff of physicians who are board certified in emergency medicine
- 24/7 availability of: operating room and staff; trauma surgeon, anesthesiology, CT scan, laboratory testing, diagnostic testing, blood bank and pharmacy.
- Specialized surgeons on call, 24/7 within a 30-mile radius of the trauma center.
- 32-bed emergency services department including: 19 acute care, three trauma bays and 5 Express care beds
- An accredited Chest Pain Center and Level 1 Heart Attack program
- Geisinger patients also benefit from the 24/7 availability of LifeFlight® air ambulance services.
For less serious, non-emergent illnesses and injuries, Urgent Care Centers at Geisinger Wyoming Valley and its South Wilkes-Barre Campus provide expert, convenient care options.
When seconds matter, the experts at Geisinger Wyoming Valley’s Level II Trauma Center are here for you.