Financial assistance policy
- Geisinger hospitals and clinics are charitable organizations dedicated to providing care, regardless of ability to pay.
- Your financial circumstances will not affect the care you receive. All patients will be treated with respect and fairness.
- Assistance is available for medically necessary care. Patients may apply for financial assistance at any time during the contiuum of care.
- If you have no health insurance and/or limited financial resources, you may be eligible for free or discounted services. Uninsured patients will be required to apply for Pennsylvania Medical Assistance.
- The amount of financial assistance you receive is determined by Geisinger’s financial assistance guidelines, which are explained in this brochure (.pdf).
- Depending on the amount of your bill and your financial circumstances, minimum monthly payments as low as $25 may be accepted, with no interest charged.
- If you do not qualify for financial assistance but believe you have special circumstances, you can request that your case be reviewed by a Geisinger Business Service Coordinator/Financial Counselor.
- If you apply for financial assistance, you must provide us with all information necessary to apply for other financial resources that may be available to you, such as Medicaid or Medicare.
- You are responsible for applying for financial assistance. Geisinger Health System will make application materials easily available. To request an application, call 800-640-4206.