Geisinger is commited to providing healthcare to those in need, regardless of their ability to pay.
To find out if you are eligible for Geisinger’s uncompensated care program, complete the financial statement application linked at right and return it via surface mail with other applicable information outlined below to:
Geisinger Health System
Attn. Self-Pay Team
1 Geisinger Medical Center
Danville PA, 17822-4938
Applications with incomplete/missing information will be returned and could result in a denial. For any item that does not apply to your situation, indicate with “N/A” (not applicable). If items are left blank, it will cause a delay in processing as the form will have to be returned to you for completion. Please include all Medical Record numbers in the space provided “Account Number”.
In addition to returning the completed application, be sure to attach the documents listed below for all household members:
- Signed copy of your most recent Federal Tax Return, including tax schedules. The form(s) must be signed by the tax payer. Include Schedule C if you are self -employed. Note: We cannot accept W2s or summary pages. The full form is required. Indicate if your yearly income does not require you to file tax return.
- Copy of your current checking and savings account statements for the last 3 months
- Copy of investment account statements such as IRA, 401k or tax deferred annuity.
- Verification of income from any source.
- If you have no reportable income, a notarized letter explaining how you are meeting your other financial obligations is required.
- Copy of Medical Assistance denial if you do not have health insurance.
- If you have Medicare benefits, you may be asked to apply for Medical Assistance as a secondary coverage. Depending on income, you may qualify for Medical Assistance to help pay for your Medicare co-insurance.
The types of proof of income to be returned with the complete financial statement vary. Include all items below that apply to you:
Employed – Copies of the four most recent pay stubs for the income(s) of all members of the household. If this is not available, a letter from your employer on their letterhead outlining the same information is acceptable.
Unemployment Compensation - Copy of the eligibility determination letter must be submitted.
Unemployed - If no income exists, a notarized letter stating there is no income being received from any source is required.
Social Security Recipient – A copy of the current year’s benefit determination letter is acceptable.
Disability Recipient – A copy of the Benefit Determination letter is acceptable.
Pension Recipient - Copy of pension check or a letter from the pension’s source stating the dollar amount of the monthly benefit.
In the event a Medical Assistance application has been submitted recently and rejected, a copy of the rejection letter (in addition to any other previously listed information that may apply) is requested.
Note: Guidelines for Geisinger-Bloomsburg Hospital differ from those of the rest of Geisinger Health System. Geisinger-Bloomsburg Hospital patients should follow the guidelines here (.pdf).
If you have any questions or need help completing the statement, contact the Patient Service Call Center at 1-800-640-4206.