Patient & Family Advisory Councils are an important component of the leadership of Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center and its South Wilkes-Barre campus, as well as Geisinger Medical Center and Janet Weis Children's Hospital in Danville. Founded on the model of patient- and family-centered care, the Patient & Family Advisory Councils enhance partnership and collaboration between Geisinger staff and patients and their families.
- Provide a patient and family perspective to ensure that services are meeting community needs
- Encourage patients and families to give feedback and suggestions on services, programs and policies
- Develop creative solutions to challenges faced by patients and their families at Geisinger
- Promote effective partnerships between patients, families, and staff
Patients. Family members. Employees.
Council members are Geisinger patients, family members of patients and Geisinger employees dedicated to improving the patient experience. Some Council members identify with each type of council participant-patient, family member, employee.
By engaging different points of view, we bring new ideas that benefit patients, their loved ones, employees and the Geisinger organization. We serve as advocates for patients of the growing health system and are often liaisons between the hospital and the community.
Learn more about each Patient & Family Advisory Council:
- Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center, Wilkes-Barre (includes Geisinger South Wilkes-Barre)
- Geisinger Medical Center, Danville (includes Geisinger-Shamokin Area Community Hospital)
- Janet Weis Children's Hospital, Danville
Patient/Family Centered Care
Recognizing the mutually-beneficial partnerships among healthcare providers, patients and families.
Understanding and utilizing patient satisfaction and quality measures for healthcare decision making.