Grow with Geisinger
Geisinger Health System provides care to more than two million residents of central and northeastern Pennsylvania and beyond. We are a physician-led healthcare organization that follows a group practice model. More about Nursing at Geisinger.
A nursing career at Geisinger offers
- Comprehensive medical/retirement benefits starting day one
- Expanding services with growth opportunities
- Nursing Practice Council
- Career enhancement program
- Nursing Recruitment and Retention Committee
Click here to view current nursing opportunities at Geisinger
Geisinger Health System includes
- Geisinger Medical Center, a Level 1 regional trauma center and the hub of the system, located in Danville, PA
- Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center, a community hospital with tertiary services, including a Heart Hospital, Neurosciencies Institute and a Cancer Institute, located in Wilkes-Barre, PA
- Geisinger South Wilkes-Barre, a highly specialized short-stay and same-day inpatient that includes the region’s only pediatric urgent care center, a 24/7 emergency department that offers a 30-minute promise, minimally invasive, general and robotic surgery and medical/surgical inpatient units.
- Janet Weis Children's Hospital, the region's only tertiary care pediatric hospital located on the campus of Geisinger Medical Center
- 40 community medical practices throughout central and northeastern Pennsylvania
- Life Flight® air ambulance service
- Dedicated professionals
- More than 2,000 nurses
- More than 13,000 employees
- More than 800 physicians
- More than 300 residents, interns and fellows
- Opportunities in nursing
Join our team of highly skilled, dedicated nurses within Geisinger Health System's extraordinary healthcare network.
Nursing opportunities include
- Cancer center
- Cardiac cath & interventional lab
- Critical care
- Home health
- Labor and delivery post partum
- Operating room
- PICU & NICU
- Recovery room
- Full-time, part-time, flex and float pool positions
Heal. Teach. Discover. Serve.
Our mission is to enhance quality of life through an integrated health service organization based on a balanced program of patient care, education, research and community service. Our vision is to grow.
Stability and achievement
Throughout our history, Geisinger has led the way. Geisinger:
- is among the top ten group practices in the US
- is financially stable with the highest bond rating of any healthcare institution in the state
- is a national leader in e-health, offering electronic medical records, online radiology and online appointment scheduling
- has won numerous awards for its use of electronic communications technology in healthcare
- Pennsylvania living
At Geisinger, you'll be part of a team practicing world-class medicine without the hassles associated with big-city life. Here, you'll enjoy an enviable work/life balance. You'll experience all the benefits of living in central and northeastern Pennsylvania - affordable housing in quaint towns; safe neighborhoods surrounded by mountains, lakes and streams; superior educational opportunities from preschools to major universities; and a vast array of cultural and recreational activities for you and your family to enjoy.
For additional information, contact
Geisinger Health System
100 North Academy Ave.
Danville, PA 17822-1529