Why Geisinger ProvenKnowledgeSM solutions?
As a healthcare organization leader, you need to improve quality, reduce costs, and refocus your delivery model from quantity (productivity) to quality (outcomes).
Geisinger ProvenKnowledgeSM solutions give you the building blocks to improve performance in today’s era of value-based healthcare. ProvenKnowledge represents the culmination of years of deliberate and informed design needed to build one of the nation’s most innovative healthcare delivery systems. ProvenKnowledge is a fit for any physician practice, hospital or health plan.
ProvenKnowledge is far from a typical consulting firm’s “cookie cutter” model that uses concepts based on third-party empirical observation. It reflects our nationally recognized innovations and real-world experience. Our active healthcare professionals make up the ProvenKnowledge team that develops scalable, transferable solutions for healthcare industry challenges, including:
- Evidence-based practices for improving outcomes and reducing costs, all with bundled, packaged pricing
- Information technology processes to optimize electronic health record (EHR) use, promoting real-time clinical decision making
- Physician, payor, and related incentive alignment
- Strategic cost management through improving clinical operations (rather than reducing staff)
- Implementing patient-centered medical home to facilitate partnerships between patients, providers and, when appropriate, a patient’s family
- Comprehensive population health management
- Care continuum and care transition optimization
To help your organization reach its goals in any environment (including fee-for-service, bundled pricing, results sharing, and capitation), Geisinger offers:
- Education — including our free, nationally acclaimed Innovations for Healthcare conference
- Performance/gap assessments and roadmap development
- Strategic advisory and mentoring services
- Training and skills transfer
Dr. Steele and Geisinger honored by nation's healthcare leaders
Dr. Steele receives the eighth annual American Hospital Association's Health Research & Education Trust (HRET) Award for his strong use of research to inform evidence-based practice, his leadership as an early adopter of health information technology and patient-centered care, and his vision to redesign and implement new payment models.