Non-clinical Externship Opportunities
Click on the position title below or scroll down to read a full description
CHILDREN'S MIRACLE NETWORK ADMINISTRATIVE EXTERNSHIP
Geisinger Medical Center
The purpose of the externship in the Children's Miracle Network at Geisinger office is to provide a valid experience in fundraising and community relations and administative.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
The extern is under the direct supervision of the Children’s Miracle Network Administrative Assistant and interacts with various Geisinger departments.
The externship requires excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, a high level of energy, self-motivation, working knowledge of Microsoft Office, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced office environment.
The externship includes, but is not limited to the following activities and responsibilities:
1. Assisting with events and projects related to the annual Celebration Weekend.
2. Day to day clerical duties including filing, copying, answering phones, and other duties as assigned.
3. Mailings – including packing and mailing of supplies, updating and maintaining spreadsheets and generating labels.
4. Tracking auction items using both auction software and excel spreadsheets.
5. Attending Children’s Miracle Network staff meetings.
6. Assisting with production needs for television and radio station events, as assigned.
7. Attend and work at Children’s Miracle Network events as assigned.
8. Assist in any other Children’s Miracle Network projects as assigned.
Proposed Work Schedule (negotiable):
10-15 hours per week
10-15 hours per week
15-20 hours per week
20-25 hours per week
May until graduation
20-30 hours per week
Advanced administrative skills (word-processing and spreadsheets) and a demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Demonstrated strong organizational skills, good interpersonal skills, proper phone etiquette, and a high regard for confidentiality.
Must demonstrate flexibility, tact, and ability to perform both independently and as a team member.
Must demonstrate initiative and the ability to assume multi-task duties.
Special Requirements & Additional Information
Externship positions at Geisinger are not paid. However, because of the intense efforts of the extern during the month of May and June, after the school term ends the position will become a paid position from approximately May 14 – June 15, 2012.
The extern must be available to work with the Children’s Miracle Network staff as needed through Celebration Weekend – June 2 & 3, 2012.
If interested, please submit your resume no later than November 25, 2011.
<back to list>