Critical Care Graduate Nurse Fellowship
The Critical Care Graduate Nurse Fellowship program affords the transition of the new graduate nurse into the professional nurse role through an extensive orientation and educational venue. The program has maximum length of 23 weeks.
Geisinger's Critical Care Fellowship program is set up in 3 phases. In each phase the Graduate Nurse will be assigned to an experienced Preceptor, in a variety of unit starting out in a medical-surgical unit to gain organizational and prioritizing skills, and advancing to one of the 4 critical care units. Each phase will also include didactic information from a variety of seasoned nurses and other healthcare professionals, as well as to share experience and learn from each other.
Benefits of our program:
- Strong emphasis on Continuing Education
- Eligibility for hire into a Critical Care unit upon Completion
- Unit based Clinical Nurse Educators
- Mentorship Program
- Pennsylvania Trauma Certification upon Completion
- Ongoing opportunity for Nursing Research
- Evidence Based Practice
- Regional Level I Trauma Center
- State of the Art Equipment
- Board Review