Interventional care nurses provide patients with education and essential care for interventional testing or treatment. Many patients undergo procedures which require conscious sedation or IV insertion for contrast radiology studies.
These nurses are specially trained to understand how the impact of other body systems may affect the results of studies or other aspects of the patients recovery.
Interventional Pain Outpatient Center, Woodbine
- Services provided: interventional pain procedures
- Clinical make-up: RNs, LPNs, nurses aides, and a certified nurse specialist
- Shift availability: 8-hour shifts
- Programs/councils unique to clinic: Nursing Service Quality Performance Improvement Council, Clinical Practice Council, Nursing Recruitment, Communication Council, Magnet Council
Dialysis Services, Dickey Clinic 1 (inpatient) and Justin Drive Clinic (outpatient)
Both inpatient and outpatient dialysis service are offered for adult and pediatric patients.
- Service offered: hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis (continuous cycling peritoneal dialysis (CCPD) and continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD)), continuous renal replacement treatment (CRRT) services.
- Clinical make-up: RNs, LPNs, patient care technician (PCT) and technicians
- Shift availability: 10-hour shifts, on-call rotation, weekend coverage
- Programs/council unique to clinic: Nursing Service Quality Performance Improvement Council, Unit Based Quality Improvement Committee
Endoscopy Clinic, Abigail Geisinger Pavilion 1
- Services offered: esophageal ultrasound stenography (EUS), colonoscopy, endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD), pulmonary bronchoscopy, endoscopy bronchial ultrasound stenography (EBUS)
- Services offers: General anesthesia or moderate sedation
- Adult and Pediatric Services
- Clinical make-up: RNs, LPNs, endoscopy assistant and clinic technicians
- Shift availability: 8-hour shifts with various start times
- Programs/council: Microsystems Team with Multidisciplinary Involvement with multiple subcommittees within the department (i.e. patient satisfaction efficiency), Nursing Service Quality Performance Improvement Council, Nursing Retention and Recruitment, Clinical Practice and Outpatient Nursing Committee