This OB unit takes care of both high risk and healthy moms from outpatient visits to the inpatient stay.
Assessment of mom and baby, with continuing education to the family, these nurses work with a team of doctors with medications, monitors and assessment skills to prepare for the best delivery possible.
- Number of Beds: 14 bed inpatient unit, 1 triage bed, 15 nursery beds
- Type of Patients: Obstetrical and newborns
- Clinical make-up: RNs, LPNs, nurses aides, and unit desk clerks who specialize in five distinct areas including:
- Stabilization nursery
- Shift availability: 8-hour shifts, 8 and 12 hour shifts in near future
- Programs/Councils unique to unit: Unit Council, PI Committee
OB/GYN Outpatient Clinic
- Services provided: OB/GYN
- Clinic makeup: RNs, LPNs, and a medical office assist
- Shift availability: 8-hour shifts
- Programs/Councils: CEP Committee, Prenatal Education Committee