Nursing at Geisinger
- Sarah Evans. Ice Therapy for the Total Knee Replacement Patient. Funded by Geisinger Medical Center Auxiliary Grant , 4/2013 - 3/2014.
- Adele Spegman. Bedside Nursing and Work Setting: Influences of Practice Environment, Education, Experience, and Expertise. Funded by Sigma Theta Tau International, Theta Zeta chapter, 7/2013-6/2014.
- Tammy Underhill. Nurses improving the Health Care of Elders. Funded by Geisinger Medical Center Auxiliary, 4/2012 - 3/2013.
- Gale Shalongo, Adele Spegman. Quality Improvement Initiative: Promoting exercise among women for breast cancer. Funded by the Geisinger Medical Center Auxiliary, 3/2013-2/2014.
- Terri Bickert, Michele Ficca. Partnership between Geisinger and Bloomsburg University: Nursing Clinical Collaboration, extended support. Funded by the Donald and Dorothy Stabler Foundation. 2012-2013 ($50,000)
- Chanda Ronk, Jack Bogart, Adele Spegman. Examining eICU. Funded by the South Central Organization of Nurse Leaders. 2011-2012 $1000
- Terri Bickert, Michele Ficca. Partnership between Geisinger and Bloomsburg University: Nursing Clinical Collaboration. Funded by the Donald and Dorothy Stabler Foundation. 2011-2012 $100,000
- April Clemens, Adele Spegman. Video-based support for healthy infant feeding practices. Funded by the Geisinger Medical Center Auxiliary Grant Funds, 8/2011-7/2012. $5300
- Megan King, Lance Kisby. Healthy Smiles/Healthy Children Program. Funded as a partnership grant by the American Dental Association and American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (2010-2011) $17,000
- John Boker, Adele Spegman, Michele Thompson, Deb Wantz: Hands-on Quality Improvement: Physician-Nurse Relationships. Funded by the Josiah Macy Jr. Foundation, 1/2010-8/2013. $193,000
- Michelle Neff-Bulger, Adele Spegman: Prenatal to Pediatrics: Coordinated Interventions to Promote Tobacco-free Homes. Funded by the American Academy of Pediatrics. 12/2010-6/2012. $20,000
- Adele Spegman: Application of Patient Portal to Communication, Connection and Support: Breast Cancer Survivorship Program for Rural Pennsylvania. Funded by the CRN/Cancer Communication Research Center, 9/2010-8/2012. $45,000
- Lydia Rolita, Adele Spegman: A retrospective study to evaluate the effect of trends in pain management prescribing behaviors on falls and hip fractures in the elderly. Funded as a Joint Research Initiative between NYU Langone Medical Center and Geisinger Health System. 2009 -2011 $49,000
- Andrea Wary, Leslie Laam, Adele Spegman. Survey on the effectiveness of a prenatal smoking cessation program in rural PA. Funded by the Geisinger Women's Health Endowment . 2009-2010.