Publications Authored by Geisinger Nurses
Link to abstracts
Dissemination of nursing knowledge, through communication the outcome of scholarly activities and clinical inquiry, is a professional responsibility
- Raup CM; Spegman AM. (2013). Interprofessional education promotes collaboration. American Nurse Today, 8(3): 43-36.
- Rolita L; Spegman A; Tang X; Cronstein B. (2013). Greater number of narcotic analgesic prescriptions for osteoarthritis is associated with falls and fractures in elderly adults. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society,61(3):335-40.
- Wargo C; Erdman DA; Smith JG; Widon K; Reardon J. (2013). Community gun safety in central Pennsylvania. Journal of Trauma Nursing, 20(1):67-73.
- Johns CD, Stoudt RS, Scholtis MP, Gavel TR. (2012). Malignant hyperthermia: A crisis response plan. OR Manager. 28(6):18-21.
- Latsha D. (2012.) Can health care providers empower patients to become more involved in their care? Sutureline, 20(2).
- Chubak J; Tuzzio L; Hsu C; Alfano CM; Rabin B; Hornbrook MC; Spegman A; Von Worley A; Williams A; Nekhlyudov L. (2012). Providing care to cancer survivors in integrated healthcare delivery systems: Practices, challenges, and research opportunities. Journal of Oncology Practice. doi: 10.1200/JOP.2011.00312.
- Leff B, Spragens LH, Morano B, Powell J, Bickert T, Bond C, Degolia P, Malone M, Glew C, McCrystle S, Allen K, Siu AL. (2012). Rapid reengineering of acute medical care for medicare beneficiaries: The medicare innovations collaborative. Health Affairs, 31(6):1204-15, doi: 10.1377/hlthaff.2011.1187
- Boker J; Thompson M; Raup C. (2012). Resident and Nurse Curriculum on Quality Improvement and Interprofessional Teamwork in an Integrated Health System. American Journal of Medical Quality. 27(suppl 2):18S-20S.
- Stayer D. (2012). Pediatric palliative care: A conceptual analysis for pediatric nursing practice. Journal of Pediatric Nursing. 27(4):350-6.
- Latsha D. (2011) Decreasing parental concerns through effective intraoperative communications: The role of the operating room nurse. Sutureline, 19(2) p19.
- Berry SA, Laam LA, Wary AA, McKinley K, Cassagnol HP, Mateer H, Nolan RA. (2011). Perinatal ProvenCare®: A model for delivering reliable evidence-based care for perinatal populations. Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Patient Safety, 3(5) 229-39.
- Nolan RA, Wary AA, King M, Laam LA, Hallick S. (2011). Shared Governance Drives Successful Performance Improvement within Geisinger’s ProvenCare® Methodology. Journal of Nursing Adminstration,41(5) 226-230.
- Blankenship JC; Scott TD; Skelding KA; Haldis TA; Tompkins-Weber K; Sledgen MY; Donegan MA; Buckley JW; Sartorius JA; Hodgson JM; Berger PB. (2011). Door-to-Balloon Times Under 90 Min Can Be Routinely Achieved for Patients Transferred for ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in a Rural Setting. Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 57(3):272-9.
- Oldsfield, SR; Dreher HM. (2010) The concept of health literacy within the older adult population. Holistic Nursing Practice, 24( 4): 204-212.
- Dreher HM, Smith Glasgow ME, Lachman VD, Oldfield S, Gifford-Hollingsworth C. (2010). Enhancing a doctor of nursing practice degree with a mandatory study-abroad program. In Dreher, H. M. & Smith Glasgow, M. E. (Ed.), Role Development for Doctoral Advanced Nursing Practice. New York: Springer Publishing Company. (ISBN 0826105564)
- Haas M; Spegman AM; Peterson P; Aickin M; Vavrek D. (2010). Dose response and efficacy of spinal manipulation for chronic cervicogenic headache: a pilot randomized controlled trial. Spine Journal, 10:117-128.
- Dziedzic, Mary Ellen. (2009). Preventing Pressure Ulcers in an Acute Care Setting. Mosby's Nursing Consult
- Lobb, RA. (2009) Nasoendotracheal tube obstruction. International Student Journal of Nurse Anesthesia, 8(2): 5-7.
- Smith, RA. (2009). What you don't know can hurt you: Health hazards in the workplace. Journal of PeriAnesthesia Nursing. 24(2) 75-80.
- Sharma R; Haas M; Stano M; Spegman A; Gehring R. (2009). Determinants of costs and pain improvement for medical and chiropractic care of low back pain. Journal of Manipulative & Physiological Therapeutics. 32(4):252-61.
- Bickert, AT; Gallagher, C; Reiner, A; Hager, WJ; Stecker, MM. (2008). Nursing neurologic assessments after cardiac operations. Annuals of Thoracic Surgery. PMID: 19447261
- Ayoub WT; Newman ED; Blosky MA, Stewart WF; Wood CG. (2008) Improving detection and treatment of osteoporosis: Redesigning care using the electronic medical record and shared medical appointments, Osteoporosis International, 20(1):37-42.
- Spegman, AM, Raudsepp, TH & Wood, JR. (2008). Transfer Techniques (pp. 92-104). In A.L. Barrick, J. Rader, B. Hoeffer & P.D. Sloane (Eds.). Person-Directed Care of Individuals with Dementia (2nd ed.). New York: Springer Publishing Company
- Jones Lisa H; Ficca, Michele. (2007). Is Acanthosis Nigricans a reliable indicator for risk of type 2 diabetes? Journal of School Nursing, 23(5,) 247–251.
- Baran M; Stecker MM. (2007). Epilepsy in a rural elderly population. Epileptic Disorders, 9(3) 256-70.
- Spegman, AM & Herrin, S. (2007). Chiropractic interns’ perceptions of psychological stress and clinical confidence. Journal of Chiropractic Education. 21(2) 129-137. PMCID: PMC1852221