Research Conducted by Geisinger Nurses
Primary location of researcher:
- Geisinger Medical Center (GMC)
- Geisinger Shamokin Community Hospital (GSACH)
- Geisinger North East (GNE)
- Geisinger Community Practice Clinic
- Fulcher, Julie; Spegman, Adele: A Study to Examine the Usefulness of Frequent Vital Sign Assessment for Mid-acuity in the Emergency Department.
- Gratti, Molly; : Infection PreCAUTIon: Implementation of Nurse-Driven Foley Removal Protocol.
- Henninger, Debra: Time Track Data: Describing the Role of the Clinical Research Nurse.
- Venditti, Angelo: Acuity Adaptable Model of Care: Understanding the Impact on Quality.
- West, Margaret; Berger, Katie: Survey of Oncology Nurses' Perceptions Regarding Obstacles and Supportive Behaviors at the End of Life.
- Wands, Brenda; Minzola, Debra: Relationship of Tympanic and Temporal Temperature Modalities to Core Temperature in Pediatric Surgical Patients.
- Spegman, Adele; Vogel, Victor; Huber, Mary Ann; McDermott, Betsy; Sabotchick, Lori: Health behaviors among breast cancer survivors in central Pennsylvania.
- Flannigan, Nina: predicting risk factors for hospital readmission post discharge from skilled nursing.
- Tanner, Dennis: Learning Method Preferences of Generational Nurses Working on a Psychiatric Unit in Receiving Continuing Education.
- Yoder, Alonda; Spegman, Adele: Use of peppermint oil essence on post-surgical urinary retention.
- Lynn Freeze; Johal, Amitpal: Efficacy of Probiotics for the Prevention of Clostridium Difficile in Patients With Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
- Wary, Andrea; Toomey, Caroline: Using Appreciative Inquiry to Identify Values Associated with Excellence, Ethics, and Engagement in a Hospital Work Environment.
- Stoudt, Rebecca; Feirick, Merry Joy; Gavel, Theodore; Kelly, Daniel; Lobb, Robin; Scholtis, Michael; Williamson, Katheryn: Upper airway injury: Use of Glidescope versus direct laryngoscopy for endotracheal intubations. (expedited approval 12/2013)
- Spegman, Adele, Coles, Rebecca: Self-perception of skill in therapeutic relationship: Development in the clinical setting
- Spegman, Adele, DiMattio, Mary Jane: Work Settings and Career Trajectory of the Registered Nurse in a Tertiary, Rural Health System: Influence of Nurse Characteristics and Practice Environment
- Spegman, Adele; Stewart, Jacqueline: Evaluation of the Effect of a Modified Early Warning System on the Nurse-led Activation of a Rapid Response System.
- Boyle, Michelle: The effect of a comprehensive operative checklist on surgical services patient safety culture and Operating Room efficiency.
- Spegman, Adele, Anselmo, Charlene; McFadden, Ann; Snyder, Michele; Worhach, Stephanie: Clinicians' experiences providing care to pregnant incarcerated women.
- Spegman, Adele (site-PI); DiMattio, Mary Jane: A Liaison Nurse Model to Transform the Clinical Learning Environment
- Spegman, Adele; Shelbi McGraw: Differences of Nursing Care for Singleton Births Compared to Multiple Births.
- Belles, Lynn: Nurse motivation for furthering education
- Brock, Alex: Pilot study strengthening point-of-care shared governance: Understanding staff perceptions
- Feeney, Ann; Britton, Geraldine: Effects of a Smoking Cessation Educational Program on Perinatal Nurses' Knowledge, Attitude and Behavior toward Counseling against Smoking Relapse
- Hunsinger, Marie: Harlow, Diane: Exploring Fruit and Vegetable Consumption within Nursing in the Geisinger Health System
- Hunsinger, Marie: Exploring the Awareness of the Obesity/Cancer Connection in Health Care Workers at Geisinger Medical Center
- Kenenitz, Cathie; Spegman, Adele: How Nurses Teach Heart Failure Self-Management Principles
- Wands, Brenda; Gothel, Diane; Jennings, Traci; Roper, Simmone; Williamson, Kayt: Obstructive Sleep Apnea in Peri-Operative Settings
- Wands, Brenda; Peterman, Elizabeth; Novak, Sharon: What percentage of graduate nursing students use peer feedback to enhance their learning?
- Schaefer, Stephanie; Frank Gilliam: The effects of adverse events screening on epileptic patients
- Snyder, Debbie; Spegman, Adele: Evaluating the impact of a residential camp experience for children with cancer and their siblings
- Stayer, Debbie: Palliative Care Quiz for Nursing - Pediatrics
- Stayer, Debbie: Living with Dying in the Pediatric ICU: A Nursing Perspective
- Tomaszewski, Elizabeth A.: Education of Critical Care Nurses in End-Of-Life Care
- McLaughlin, Maryanne; Spegman, Adele: Educational Needs Assessment for G-SACH Nurses
- Spegman, Adele; Keisler, Jamie; Sneidman, Becky; Miller, Joan: Religious Coping among Children with Cancer
- Behrens, Liza; Spegman, Adele; Wolfe, Tracey: An observational survey study of clinical research staff
- Ronk , Chanda; Fetterman, Sue; Spegman, Adele: Nurse Perceptions of Tele-ICU Technology
- Adams, Robin; Lauver, Lori: Dietary and Physical Activity Intervention to Optimize Recommended Gestational Weight Gain for Obese Pregnant Women
- Neff-Bulger, Michele; Spegman, Adele: Prenatal to Pediatrics: Coordinated Interventions to Promote Tobacco-free Homes
- Strony, Robert; Ellison, Ross; Williams,Valerie: Does time to first dose of antibiotics affect mortality in patients admitted through the emergency department with pneumonia?
- GMC Bennett, Trudy; Bower, Gail; Myers, Gail; Dietz, Donna; Spegman, Adele: The Effects of IVIG Infusion Policy on Nurses and Patients at Geisinger Medical Center
- GNEFeeney, Ann; Britton, Geraldine: Smoking Assessment Instrument Development
- Kupas, Douglas; Schauer, Jason; Williams, Valerie: Retrospective Analysis of Patient Cooling Times Undergoing the ARCTIC Protocol at Geisinger Medical Center
- Spegman, Adele; Rolita, Lydia; Cronstein, Bruce: A retrospective study to evaluate the effect of trends in pain management prescribing behaviors on falls and hip fractures in the elderly.
- Spegman, Adele; Boker, John; Thompson, Michelle; Wantz, Deb; Raup, Christine: Application of Patient Portal to Communication, Connection and Support: Breast Cancer Survivorship Program for Rural Pennsylvania
- Strony, Robert; Rowe, Sean; Williams, Valerie: Evaluation of the One Hour Antibiotic Time in the Septic Patient in the Emergency Department
- Strony, Robert; Comrey, Janet; Williams, Valerie: Can A Simple Sepsis Alert in the Emergency Department Reduce Mortality of Hospitalized Patients with Septicemia or Severe Sepsis?
- Bickert, Terri: The Effect of Safety Rounds Education on Nursing Staff Knowledge and Patient Safety
- Blosky, Mary Ann; Wantz, Deb; Spegman, Adele: Healthy work environment study: Nurses' perceptions of communication at work.
- Johnson, Kim; Spegman, Adele: An Exploratory Examination of Perceptions to Fatigue Among Flight Team Members in a Helicopter Emergency Medical Service Program
- Kopenhaver, Tracey; Sands, Kristy: The Lived Experience of Liver and Kidney Transplant Recipients
- Oldfield, Scott: The Effect of Health Literacy and Self Efficacy on Smoking Cessation in the Older Adult with Vascular Disease
- Spegman, Adele, Wary, Andrea; Laam, Leslie: Examining health team perceptions around smoking cessation programs for prenatal and postpartum women
- Wantz-Bucher, Debra: Nurse Satisfaction and the Acuity Adaptable Model of Care
- Wary, Andrea; Laam, Leslie; Spegman, Adele: Survey on the effectiveness of a prenatal smoking cessation program in rural PA
- Miller, Mindi; Hartung, Shelia; Spegman, Adele: Nursing-manager perceptions of communication at work.