MedLink, 800-332-8901, means just one call to refer your patients.
Geisinger MedLink is dedicated to meeting the needs of physicians and their patients. We provide:
- A 24-hour-a-day, seven-day a week toll-free number dedicated to physicians and their staffs
- Convenient appointment scheduling with Geisinger specialists
- Quick connections to our specialists or specialty departments for information or consults
- Information about your patients who have been admitted to Geisinger facilities MedLink combines personal service with state-of-the-art technology to provide faster, more complete service, including:
- Voice recognition technology that allows you to connect to our specialty departments by simply speaking the department name
- A direct link to our Transfer Center, which streamlines the process of admitting and transferring patients to Geisinger Medical Center
- Answers to your questions regarding specialty appointments or services
We welcome the opportunity to partner with you in the care of your patients. To refer a patient, or for more information call: Our physician referral line 800-332-8901.
As a physician, you can contact MedLink and the staff will facilitate a phone connection between you and the physician/department you are requesting.
Medlink staff has access to on-call schedules, and telephone and pager numbers. If the specific physician you are requesting is unavailable, MedLink staff will direct you to the available specialist. MedLink will facilitate contact with an inpatient floor if one of your patients has been admitted.
With your call to MedLink, you or your staff can schedule appointments for your patients or put you in contact with the department to schedule. MedLink will also assist you with your appointment questions. The staff can connect you with all Geisinger departments and services to provide answers to your questions.
Further service is provided by Geisinger's Physician Liaison Program to assist you in navigating the Geisinger System. The liaison staff is dedicated to exceeding your service expectations.
To schedule an appointment for your patient you will need to have the patient's:
- Date of birth
- Pertinent medical information
MedLink staff is responsible for every call being completed to the physician's satisfaction. They are available to help you with any needed arrangements.