The Geisinger Dermatology Department provides comprehensive medical and surgical services for skin disorders. Special services include Mohs surgery, psoriasis treatment, laser therapy for vascular lesions and tattoo removal, contact dermatitis and patch testing center, pigmented lesions and melanoma clinic, broad wound care program with expertise in venous ulcers and diabetic foot ulcers.
The Geisinger Medical Center Department of Dermatology offers grand rounds approximately once a month during the academic year, September through April. The conferences are attended by dermatologists from the central Pennsylvania area, some of whom invite patients with challenging diagnostic or therapeutic problems.
Grand rounds are held in the conference room in the Department of Dermatology on Woodbine Lane. We have four visiting professors each year. The visiting professors present two lectures at 9:30 and 11 am (see schedule below for further details). Lunch is held from noon to 1 pm. Patients are available for examination from 1 to 2 pm in the Dermatology Clinic, and discussion is held in the conference room from 2 to 4 pm.
Geisinger Medical Center Dermatology Grand Rounds is recognized by the American Academy of Dermatology for up to five hours of AAD Category 1 CME credit and may be used toward the American Academy of Dermatology's Continuing Medical Education Award.
All dermatologists are welcome to attend the meetings.
Upcoming Grand Rounds schedule
- September 28, 2012: Dr. Russell Hall, Duke University, 28th Annual Dickey Lecture
- October 19, 2012: Dr. Jonathan Dyer, University of Missouri
- January 25, 2013: Resident Talks
- February 22, 2013: Resident Talks
- March 22, 2013: Dr. Nathaniel Jellinek, Rhode Island Hospital
- April 26, 2013: Dr. George Elgart, University of Miami
All dermatologists are welcome to attend the meetings. For a listing of Dermatology Grand Rounds, see the Medical Education Conference Schedule.
Find a physician
- Dermatopathology Fellowship Program
- Dermatology Residency Program
- Procedural Dermatology Fellowship Program