Life Flight is a regional helicopter service designed to provide critically ill or injured patients rapid access to advanced life support care and rapid transportation to critical care facilities.
Geisinger Health System's Life Flight program currently operates aircraft from Geisinger Medical Center in Danville, the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Airport, Avoca, and University Park Airport, State College. All Life Flight helicopters are in operation 24 hours a day. Life Flight's transports include:
- Pre-hospital scene emergency transports
- Inter-facility transports
- Neonatal transports
If air transport will benefit your patient, contact Geisinger Life Flight Communications at 1-800-852-7828. By radio, use Med frequency #9 (462.950/467.950). Or contact us through your county communications center.
Our communication specialist will need the following information when you call.
- Description of the landing area including hazards and landmarks or
exact location if GPS available
- The landing zone officer's identifying name and number
- Frequency to communicate from air to ground
- Location of the landing area in relation to the incident
- Number and approximate age of patients
- Any entrapment
- Patient's medical condition report, if available
- If your department has designated landing zones which are used often,
contact our communication center and we can keep them on file for
For more information
Geisinger Health System
100 North Academy Avenue
Danville, PA 17822-2005