Geisinger’s Neurosciences Institute offers a full continuum of care for movement disorders. Our team of physicians include both specially-trained neurologists and neurosurgeons who work together to provide cutting-edge care for your patients.
We offer treatment options for:
- Parkinson’s disease
- Essential tremor
- Rubral tremor and cerebellar outflow tremors
- Hemifacial spasm
- Tics & Tourette’s syndrome
- Huntington’s disease
- Tardive dyskinesias
- Spinocerebellar ataxias
- Restless legs syndrome
- Fragile X tremor ataxia syndrome
Refer patients to Geisinger’s Movement Disorders Clinic when they present with:
- Abnormal involuntary movements or postures anywhere in the body
- Facial twitches and blepharospasm
- Motor or vocal tics
- Slowness of movement
- Change in handwriting or other fine motor skills
- Change in gait not explained by an orthopedic or other condition
- Repeated unprovoked falls not explained by another condition
- Restless legs or leg movements in sleep
Note: Muscle pain and muscle weakness are not typically symptoms of movement disorders and usually indicate a neuromuscular disorder.
Geisinger’s Team of Specialists:
For more information or to refer a patient, call MedLink, Geisinger’s physician referral line, at 1.800.332.8901.