Also known as interventional radiology, neuroendovascular treatment is a subspecialty of radiology and neurosurgery. In this less-invasive approach, catheters are threaded through veins and arteries for treatment of brain lesions yielding very effective therapy and shorter recovery time.
Geisinger's Neurosciences Institute offers a full range of neuroendovascular treatment options for diagnosing and treating vascular diseases of the brain, spinal cord, and face and neck. These include:
- Cerebral aneurysms - ruptured and unruptured
- Arteriovenous malformations
- Acute stroke
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- Intracranial and extracranial carotid stenosis
- Spinal fractures
The endovascular therapies offered at Geisinger Medical Center include:
- GDC/Coil embolization of aneurysms
- ONYX and glue embolization for AVM
- Intra-arterial thrombolysis and mechanical embolectomy for acute stroke
- Intracranial angioplasty and stenting
- Extracranial carotid and vertebral artery stenting
- Tumor embolization
For more information or to refer a patient, call MedLink, Geisinger's physician referral line, at 1.800.332.8901.