Vendor Relations and Registration
Geisinger Health System* has implemented a vendor program to ensure that patient care is not influenced by consideration other than what is best for the patients of GHS. All GHS vendors are expected to become familiar with:
- GHS Vendor Credentialing Policy (.pdf)
- GHS Code of Conduct (.pdf)
- GHS Federal Deficit Reduction Act (.pdf)
- GHS HIPAA Policy (.pdf)
- GHS Identity Theft Policy (.pdf)
- GHS Drug and Alcohol Policy (.pdf)
- GHS Tobacco Free Policy (.pdf)
- Pennsylvania Breach of Personal Information Notification Act (“Act 94") (.pdf)
Vendors are expected to uphold all guidelines set forth within each document. These documents may be updated from time to time and updates can be found in the Vendor Bulletin Board section.
In addition, GHS has enacted further requirements for clinical and pharmaceutical vendors (as defined in Section IV of the Vendor Policy and Procedure) in the form of vendor credentialing, which is managed through Vendor Credentialing Service (VCS). These requirements have been put in place to better control vendor access and to help validate that all such vendors are appropriately trained, authorized and insured by their employer, further ensuring the safety of the patients, staff, visitors and vendors of Geisinger Health System.
- If you are a clinical or pharmaceutical vendor, but are not a VCS member, go to www.vcsdatabase.com and click on “Register Now.” A new page will appear and select "Join as Vendor." Scroll down to the bottom of the page, type in your email address, and click the submit button next to it. Click on the dot in the notice section and click Submit. Follow the next steps as instructed by Vendor Credentialing Service.
- Clinical or pharmaceutical vendors who already are VCS members should go to www.vcsdatabase.com and login using their current user ID and password to register with GHS.
Clinical and pharmaceutical vendors must be fully credentialed within thirty (30) days of notification.
Clinical and pharmaceutical vendors wishing to visit departments, sections or clinics at GHS must have an appointment and, upon arrival on a GHS property, will report to the appropriate Clinical Vendor Registration Area between 6 am - 8 pm, Monday through Friday.
Vendors who are checking in to Geisinger's Surgical Suites, we ask you to leave your cell phones in the locker room area. Cell phones have a negative impact on some of communication systems in our OR areas and we ask you to please be courteous of this rule.
Clinical Vendor Registration areas:
- Supply Chain Services – GMC, GWV, GSWB**
- Information Desk – GMC, GWV
- Operating Room Control Desk – GMC, GWV
- Same Day Surgery - GSWB
- System Therapeutics– GMC, GWV
- Interventional Cardiology – GMC, GWV
- Interventional Radiology–GMC, GWV
- GMC Outpatient Surgery at Woodbine
- Interventional Pain – Woodbine
- Geisinger Specialty Clinics - GWV Baltimore Drive
If there is difficulty in locating a Clinical Vendor Registration Area, contact Supply Chain Services at 570-271-6628, option 2 for assistance.
[*] Throughout this document the terms "System," "Geisinger" or "Geisinger Health System" shall refer to the entire health care system comprised of the Geisinger Health System Foundation (the "Foundation") as parent and all subsidiary corporate entities comprising the health care system.
[**] Geisinger Medical Center (GMC); Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center (GWV); Geisinger South Wilkes-Barre (GSWB), a campus of Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center