Family History and Evidence-based Disease Prevention
- Chromosomal microarray impacts clinical management (pages 147-153)
E.R. Riggs, K.E. Wain, D. Riethmaier, B. Smith-Packard, W.A. Faucett, N. Hoppman, E.C. Thorland, V.C. Patel and D.T. Miller
Article first published online: 21 FEB 2013 | DOI: 10.1111/cge.12107
- NCHPEG (National Coalition for Health Professional Education in Genetics) has launched two new educational programs for pediatric and neurology providers. Genomics for Child Neurology http://www.nchpeg.org/neuro/ and ABCs of Chromosomal Microarray http://www.nchpeg.org/microarray/ were developed by NCHPEG and its partners, with the support of The Jackson Laboratory.
- New CDC Podcast: Family Health History: Use It to Inform Preventive Services for Your Patients (login required)
- New CDC Blog: Evidence Matters in Genomic Medicine-Round 3: Integrating Family Health History into Clinical Preventive Services
- CDC Family history initiative & recent publications from the Family Healthware Intervention Trial (FHiTr)
- CDC Family Health History Page
- CME Class on treating young people with ASD
- Clinical Genetics: a Self-Study Guide for Health Care Professionals - a downloadable course developed by the University of South Dakota
- Frontiers in Clinical Genetics - a series of RealAudio lectures organised by the George Washington University, USA
- American Academy of Family Physicians - core educational guidelines for medical genetics
- Is your patient at high risk for colorectal cancer? Free AMA CME Course is now available.