Allergy and Asthma—What We Treat
Geisinger allergy and asthma specialists treat these common illnesses:
- Allergic conjunctivitis
- Allergies to stinging insects, foods, pollen, medications and more
- Aspirin sensitivity
- Eczema, skin rashes and hives
- Chronic cough
- Gastrointestinal disease related to eosinophils (too many white blood cells)
- Immune deficiency disorders
- Latex rubber allergy
- Nasal polyps
- Pneumonia and other chronic lung diseases
Can we outgrow childhood asthma?
There is no cure for asthma, but your symptoms may lessen when you reach adulthood. For some, asthma doesn’t develop until young adulthood. Either way, it’s best to be wary of triggers all the time.