Insurance questions answered
Want to learn what types of insurance plans we accept? Have a question? We’re here to help. Click for a complete list of insurance plans. You may also call us at the Geisinger Patient Service Call Center, 1-800-640-4206.
We are dedicated to bringing you an extraordinary level of care and service. Our goal is to offer as much information as possible so that you may make the right choices for you. Have questions or aren’t sure about your options? We are happy to speak with you and develop a payment plan that is right for you.
Global bariatric fee for surgical patients
Patients are responsible for paying a $375 global bariatric fee (not covered by insurance) before scheduling an appointment with the surgery department. The fee covers educational materials, support group meetings, metabolic measurement and some registered dietician services.
You may choose to use any of the following ways to pay for your bariatric services or any combination of them:
- Insurance payments from accepted plans
- Medicare, Medicaid, Pennsylvania Medical Assistance
- Installment payment plans
- Debit cards
- Personal checks, payable to the Geisinger Health System
- Money orders, payable to the Geisinger Health System
- Most major credit cards including American Express, Discover, Visa and MasterCard
We are always available to meet with you to discuss your payment options. Call the Geisinger Patient Service Call Center at 1-800-640-4206 to speak with a Business Service Coordinator about Bariatric Services.
When payments are due
Some payments are due at the time of service including:
- Payment for services not covered by your insurance
- Estimated co-insurance amounts
After the service is performed, you will receive a bill for the outstanding balance. You may use any of the payment options listed under “How you may pay for your service” to pay the entire remaining amount. If you are unable to pay the full amount, call our Patient Service Call Center to set up a payment plan.
You may pay all or part of your bill yourself
The staff of our Patient Service Call Center will be happy to help you set up a monthly payment plan. This self-pay option can help you budget the cost of your surgery if you have an insurance plan with a high deductible or if you have limited coverage. Self-pay is available if your medical care is elective - meaning it can be scheduled at a later time and is not an emergency
Self-pay options include:
- Loan financing from a local credit union or bank
- Geisinger’s interest-free payment plans, pre- or post-service, including a 36 month installment plan
- Estimated co-insurance amounts
You may qualify for a Geisinger discount
If you are low income and meet federal poverty guidelines you may qualify for a discount. Contact us for more information or to request the financial disclosure form.
Payments may be made:
- Online at www.GeisingerWebPay.org or at www.MyGeisinger.org - click on “Pay my bills”
- By mail using a credit card, check or money order made payable to “Geisinger Health System”- include your Patient Medical Record Number in the memo line - and mail to Geisinger Health System, PO Box 27727, Newark, NJ, 07101-7727
- By phone by calling 1-800-640-4206
- In person at any Geisinger location