The new you made better
As your body is taking shape, you may notice problem areas that aren't conforming the way they should. You may see-and feel-excess skin and stubborn areas of fatty tissue. These can be not only making it difficult to fit into appropriately-sized clothing, they may cause irritations and rashes that can lead to infections.
At Geisinger, we realize that, in some situations-particularly when weight is lost very quickly-body contouring may be the best solution to resolve these problem areas.
You are a candidate for body contouring if:
- It has been at least one year since your bariatric surgery procedure
- You have reached your goal weight and maintained it for at least three months
Procedures offered include:
- Arm lift/brachioplasty
- Abdominoplasty (also known as a tummy tuck)
- Breast lift-with or without augmentation/reduction
- Breast reduction for men/gynecomastia
- Brow lift
- Buttock lift
- Cosmetic dermatology to remediate scarring from body contouring
- Eyelid lift/ blepharoplasty
- Face lift
- Hip lift
- Thigh lift
Your insurance may cover a portion of body contouring surgery. Many insurance companies have their own standards that must be met.
Body contouring is available in Danville through Geisinger's Center for Aesthetics & Cosmetic Surgery.