The new you made better
As your body is taking shape, you may notice problem areas that aren’t conforming the way they should. You may see—and feel—excess skin and stubborn areas of fatty tissue. These can be not only making it difficult to fit into appropriately-sized clothing, they may cause irritations and rashes that can lead to infections.
At Geisinger, we realize that, in some situations—particularly when weight is lost very quickly—body contouring may be the best solution to resolve these problem areas.
You are a candidate for body contouring if:
- It has been at least one year since your bariatric surgery procedure
- You have reached your goal weight and maintained it for at least three months
Procedures offered include:
- Arm lift/brachioplasty
- Abdominoplasty (also known as a tummy tuck)
- Breast lift—with or without augmentation/reduction
- Breast reduction for men/Gynecomastia
- Brow lift
- Buttock lift
- Cosmetic dermatology to remediate scarring from body contouring
- Eyelid lift/ Blepharoplasty
- Face lift
- Hip lift
- Thigh lift
Your insurance may cover a portion of body contouring surgery. Many insurance companies have their own standards that must be met.
Body contouring is available in Danville through Geisinger’s: