Regional Focus, National Recognition
At the Geisinger Heart & Vascular Heart Institute, the most skilled team in the region provides the highest level of cardiac care. And our efforts have been recognized by the leading health organizations, including:
- Geisinger Medical Center and Geisinger Wyoming Valley have both been named to the Thomson 100 Top Hospitals: National Benchmarks for Success list. The 100 Top Hospitals designation acknowledges our clinical excellence and patient safety achievements.
- Geisinger Medical Center has been named to the 100 Top Hospitals Cardiovascular Benchmarks for Success list (Truven Health Analysis - formerly Thomas Reuters).
- Geisinger Medical Center and Geisinger Wyoming Valley have been named Blue Distinction Centers for Cardiac Care by the BlueCross BlueShield Association.
- Geisinger Health System repeatedly earns national ranking in the Verispan Integrated Health Networks Top 100 list. The rankings are based on health systems' integration of operations, clinical quality, financial performance, efficiency, and breadth of service.
- The Society of Chest Pain Centers granted Geisinger Medical Center and Geisinger Wyoming Valley full accreditation. The Chest Pain Center designation demonstrates our commitment to heart care and the timely treatment of heart attacks through 24/7 availability of angioplasty.
- Geisinger Medical Center and Geisinger Wyoming Valley echocardiography laboratories accredited by The Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories. Accreditation ensures laboratory quality as well as adequate training and experience of laboratory professionals.