Putting Hearts in Perfect Rhythm
Arrhythmia occurs when the heart beats too fast, too slow or has an irregular rhythm. Few specialists have the advanced skills needed to correct complex, abnormal heart rhythms; however, there is an entire team of these specially trained clinicians at the Geisinger Heart & Vascular Institute.
In fact, Geisinger was the first hospital in the region to offer these sophisticated procedures, and today is among the region’s most comprehensive programs, offering:
- Electrophysiology studies
- Minimally invasive and open surgical ablation
- Atrial fibrillation ablation
- Ventricular tachycardia and supraventricular tachycardia ablation
- Arrhythmia management device implantation
- Holter monitoring
- Event monitoring
Geisinger offers comprehensive treatments for atrial fibrillation (Afib) at the Atrial Fibrillation Center.
Geisinger’s board-certified electrophysiologists are on the cutting-edge of diagnosing and treating heart rhythm disorders and perform advanced procedures only found at other premier academic centers.