Geisinger HomeCare offers an early discharge program for joint replacement patients. Under the direction of their physician and using experienced nurses and therapists, patients can now recuperate in the comfort of their own homes. Geisinger HomcCare provides a continuum of care that enables patients to achieve maximum function and independence and an overall positive outcome.
Services provided by Geisinger HomeCare for joint replacement patients include:
- Pre-op home safety evaluation questionnaire by physical therapist
- Patient instruction with handout materials
- Evaluation for equipment needs
- Physician access to the therapist
- Continuum of care from hospital to home