Who is the hospice team?
- Home health aides
- Social workers
What is hospice care?
Hospice is a specialized program provided for patients and their families who are facing a life-limiting illness. Geisinger Hospice recognizes dying as a part of the normal life cycle and focuses on the quality of life remaining.
What services are provided?
Our team has more than 35 years combined experience in hospice care that allows us to provide:
- Comfort care to the patient and family
- Consultation and emergency care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Trained volunteers who provide companionship, assistance, and support
- Emotional and spiritual support for patients and family members as requested
- Bereavement support for family and caregivers
Who pays for hospice care?
Geisinger accepts most major insurance plans and will bill Medicare, Medicaid or private insurance directly.
Geisinger Hospice serves those residing in Snyder, Union, Northumberland, Columbia, and Montour Counties.
For more information, call: (888) 634-6715 or (570) 271-5598
Be a Geisinger Hospice volunteer