VITALine now offers an exclusive Nutrition and Enteral Program for our loyal customers. While in our care, you can expect to receive the service and support that VITALine has always offered, but now with catered care to our TPN and Enteral patients.
Benefits of using VITALine Nutrition for your enteral patients
- Patients are assessed as referred to our dietitian, based on criteria.
- We assess patients that are at high nutrition risk.
- Patients are monitored monthly for feeding and tube issues.
- Our Enteral Case Managers coordinate delivery of formula and supplies.
- Clinical oversight and education provided by our board-certified Nutrition Support Dietitian.
- Care for enteral patients available 24/7.
- Our care team is centrally located in Pennsylvania.
- Assistance with reimbursement and insurance.
Referring to the VITALine Nutrition Program for enteral patient
Click to download the referral form (.pdf). Once complete, please fax the referral form and the components listed below to VITALine at 570-271-5843.
The following information is also required when referring enteral patients:
- Patient demographic sheet, along with emergency contacts and phone numbers.
- Insurance information, including policy and group numbers. This will also help us determine if we may offer financial assistance.
- Prescribing and following physician names, addresses and phone numbers.
- Complete physician order, including formula, number of cans for 30-day supply, and route (peg, jtube, etc.)
- Patient’s diagnosis related to therapy ordered.
- Patient’s current and past medical information with medication list, allergy history, recent labs, and height and weight history.
- Enteral access information and flushing instructions.
- Preferred home health agency (we can assist if one is not chosen).
Our Team of Experts
Stephen C. Adams MS, RPh, BCNSP
Clinical Coordinator, Pharmacy Operations
Stephen C. Adams is currently Clinical Coordinator for Pharmacy Operations for VITALine Infusion Pharmacy Services. In addition to overseeing clinical operations, Mr. Adams’ primary areas of practice are management of home parenteral and enteral nutrition patients and anemia management of patients with chronic kidney disease. With 30 years of infusion pharmacy and clinical nutrition experience, Mr. Adams has been responsible for the development and implementation of a number of innovative programs, including the VITALine Infusion Pharmacy Services which he initiated in 1988, and the Anemia Management Program, initiated in 2007. Prior to his work at VITALine, he was an IV infusion pharmacist at Geisinger Medical Center from 1979 to 1988. Stephen has earned several awards, been published in various journals, presented at numerous organizations and conferences.
Melissa J. Brown, RD, CSG, LDN, CNSC
Clinical Dietitian Specialist
Melissa’s first experience with Geisinger Health System was in 2006, when she did a Dietetic Internship. She continued on to Bryn Mawr Hospital as a Clinical Dietitian from 2006-2008. Melissa re-joined Geisinger in 2009 as a Clinical Dietitian for hospital inpatients until 2011, before joining the team at VITALine Infusion Pharmacy. Melissa is a member of many professional societies and internal committees. She also has special training in a variety of nutrition-related programs.
Case Management Team
VITALine also provides our patients with customized care from our specialized Case Management Team.
Contact VITALine 7 Days a Week
Intake line Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5 pm: 800.527.6249
On call line: 800.245.8767