Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism—What We Treat
Hormones regulate our growth, reproductive abilities, energy levels and much more. Our endocrinologists determine the best course of treatment for disorders like:
- Type 1— this condition usually develops in childhood and always requires insulin to manage.
- Type 2—this type of diabetes begins in adulthood. Diet, exercise, and medication or insulin can keep the disease under control.
- Gestational diabetes—this type of diabetes can develop during pregnancy
Thyroid and parathyroid disorders
- Overactive thyroid disease
- Underactive thyroid disease
- Parathyroid disorders
- Hashimoto's thyroiditis (Hypothyroid)
- Graves Disease (Hyperthyroid)
- Thyroid nodule cancer
Other endocrine and metabolic disorders
- Adrenal gland disorders
- Cushing’s syndrome
- Pituitary disorders
- Diabetes insipidus
- Cushing’s disease
- Male hypogonadism
- Any other hormonal disorders
Did You Know?
Doctors are diagnosing more children with Type II diabetes due to poor eating habits and lack of exercise.
Diabetes is . . .
The #1 chronic health problem for adults in the U.S. Why not learn how you can reduce your risks for the disease and complications like stroke and heart disease? Click for more information about diabetes.