Who is a LASIK candidate?
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a stable prescription (patient needs to bring previous glasses prescriptions to the LASIK work-up exam)
- Good health with no existing eye disease
A thorough eye exam will be performed at your consultation. To prepare for your consultation please make sure you have been out of your contact lenses for the following amounts of time:
- Soft contact lenses - at least two weeks
- Toric soft contact lenses - at least three weeks
- •Gas permeable contact lenses - at least three weeks
If you are not sure which type of contact lens you wear, contact your optometrist or Geisinger’s Department of Ophthalmology at 570-275-6401.