Geisinger Health System’s Department of Gastroenterology is staffed by specialists dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the digestive tract and liver. Our team is well versed in the latest techniques, including diagnosis and treatment of:
- Esophageal disorders including heartburn, and difficulty swallowing
- Peptic ulcer disease
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Colorectal cancer prevention
- Inflammatory bowel disease (such as ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease)
- Surveillance and treatment of pre-malignant conditions of the GI tract including Barrett’s esophagus
- Biliary tract disorders
- Liver disease (including cirrhosis of the liver and liver transplant evaluation)
- Pancreatic disorders including evaluation or pancreatic cysts and masses
Our experienced multidisciplinary team of physicians, physician assistants, registered nurses and support staff care for you through every step of the way.
Why would I want to see a gastroenterologist?
People see gastroenterologists for a variety of reasons. The most common reasons include:
- Abdominal pain
- Rectal bleeding
- Weight loss
- Liver problems (hepatitis and cirrhosis)
- Gallbladder problems
- Pancreas problems
- Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis)
- Family history of gastrointestinal malignancy
- Trouble swallowing
- Nutritional problems
During your appointment, your gastroenterologist will listen carefully to your concerns and review your medical history. If diagnostic tests are necessary, your doctor will explain them in terms you can understand and provide you with complete preparation instructions.
Our entire team is dedicated to providing you with excellent, personalized care and service to make your experience as comfortable and pleasant as possible.