Geisinger’s Infectious Disease specialists have wide-ranging experience in preparing travelers for trips abroad, especially to third-world countries. We continually monitor the health indications of various countries, and provide immunizations and vaccinations for:
- Corporate employees
- Mission groups
- Student groups
- Tour groups
In fact, Geisinger is one of the few approved providers for yellow fever vaccination with certification in central and north-central Pennsylvania. Our services also include:
- Individualized pre-travel consultation with an infectious disease specialist
- All recommended immunizations
- Malaria chemoprophylaxis when indicated
- Medication for self-treatment of traveler’s diarrhea and other problems
- Detailed printed material on staying healthy while abroad
- 24-hour/7-day on-call service for patients who become ill during or after travel
To make an appointment, call 1-800-275-6401. Services are also available in State College. To make an appointment in State College, call 1-814-231-4565.
*Most international travel immunizations are not covered by health insurance. Please check your insurance policy to see about plan coverage.