Our child life specialists have earned advanced certification in their field. And we use many techniques to help you child understand all he or she needs to know:
- How to use play to introduce medical concepts to children
- How to speak to them in language they will understand
- How to help them cope with pain and anxiety
- How to make their stay with us as normal as possible, including celebrating milestones such as birthdays or a last day of therapy
- How to help siblings and other family members understand their brother or sister’s medical condition
- How to distract and entertain children with toys, games and even a visit from a friendly dog
It’s nice to meet you!
Before a hospital stay, we’ll be happy to schedule your child for a tour of the areas he or she might visit. We even have an on-line video tour, called “Going on a Gurney Journey,” that you can see anytime.
We will also meet with you or your child during a stay or procedure. We work in many areas of the hospital, including: