For the transition from child to adult
Teens and young adults have a growing awareness of a variety of health topics. As their bodies and minds develop, they have questions and concerns. They are now old enough to take an active role in staying healthy.
But they still need direction. So we’ve brought to northeastern and central Pennsylvania a physician who specializes in Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine. He is trained in general medicine specifically for children aged 12 and up, plus their unique social and emotional needs as well.
On your child’s team
We’ll work with you and your child to develop healthy lifestyles, healthy habits, and an understanding of the importance of regular healthcare. We also work alongside other children’s specialists and sub-specialists to meet the full range of your child’s physical, emotional, and mental health.
For the transition from childhood to adulthood, we offer medical care and information for:
- Primary care such as routine physicals and sick-visits
- Physical, emotional and social issues
- Sports medicine and sports physicals
- Routine gynecological care for girls
- ADHD (Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Mental health issues
- Drug, alcohol, and substance abuse
- Eating disorders, including anorexia, bulimia, and obesity