We begin diagnosis and treatment before birth and are prepared when your child arrives. And as your child grows, a team of Geisinger physicians will continue with follow-up care and treatment through your child’s entire adulthood.
We offer some of the most advanced heart and vascular care in the region, to treat both mild and severe heart problems in children of any age. This includes advanced heart imaging technology such as echocardiography, MRI and CT scans to pinpoint and diagnose problems with the tiniest of hearts. For example, our “bi-plane” heart catheterization lab for children allows our pediatric cardiology experts to see inside your child’s heart.
Some of our advanced tests also connect our children’s heart experts with pediatricians in over 20 hospitals throughout Pennsylvania.
To keep your child as healthy as possible, we offer:
- Early diagnosis for unborn children
- Exercise testing
- Sports evaluations
- Evaluations through adulthood (for congenital heart disease)
- Preventative cardiology
- Noninvasive testing including advanced imaging like echocardiography, 3-D echocardiography, fetal echocardiography, MRI, and CT angiography.
- Invasive testing and procedures including electrophysiological test, cardiac catheterization and surgery
Every day, our heart specialists care for children with a variety of heart problems, including:
- Heart murmurs
- Irregular heartbeats and heart rhythm abnormalities
- Heart defects and/or diseases that are acquired or congenital conditions
- Chest pain
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Fainting (syncope)