Expertise in treating complex conditions and minor illnesses
Some children have conditions that require complex treatment. Others need short-term medication and follow up. Regardless, they can get the care they need right here in central Pennsylvania.
Our specialists in Infectious Disease bring the full resources of our children’s specialists to bear for you. In addition to our experience and training, we’ll bring in a team of specialists whenever necessary.
Your child’s team might include physicians who specialize in:
- Orthopaedics (bones and ligaments)
- Otolaryngology (ear, nose, and throat)
- Laboratory testing
- And other medical specialties and sub-specialties
The latest treatments, from caring physicians
From babies before they are born to children ready to travel overseas, we offer the latest in diagnosis, treatment, and prevention for the range of infectious diseases.
Some of the common illnesses we treat in children:
- Abscesses, boils and similar tender areas under the skin
- Bone infections
- Complicated pneumonia
- Fevers of unknown origin
- Immune deficiencies
- Kawasaki disease, a rare illness usually in young children
- Lyme disease, which is spread by a particular tick
- Meningitis and other severe bacterial infections
- MRSA, a skin infection
- Other infections