If you or your children plan to travel abroad, you can depend on the expertise of the physicians of our Travel Medicine Clinic to help you remain as healthy as possible. We’ll help to prepare your body for your trip and to assist you with travel-related medical concerns while you are away.
We bring decades of experience in diagnosing, treating and immunizing adults and children from infectious disease. We are also one of the few providers approved to offer some services, such as yellow fever vaccination.
The Travel Medicine Clinic is adjacent to the Janet Weis Children’s Hospital, in Geisinger Medical Clinic, Danville. Our services include:
- Consultation with a physician before your trip
- Information on staying healthy abroad
- Medication for traveler's diarrhea and other common problems
- Yellow fever vaccination and certification
- Malaria chemoprophylaxis medication to protect you against malaria
- 24 hour/day on-call service for patients becoming ill during or after travel more