The brain and spinal cord of a growing child
For surgery on the brain of your premature baby or on the delicate spinal cord of your injured teen, you can rely on our expertise in neurosurgery. Our physicians are specialists in surgery of the brain and spinal cord.
We treat children of any age for a variety of disorders of the central nervous system. These include:
- Brain tumors
- Cerebral palsy
- Malformations of the skull, head and face (“craniofacial” malformations)
- Head, spine and other injuries
- Hydrocephalus, or excess fluid on the brain
- Peripheral nerve tumors
- Spina bifida
- Tethered spinal cord syndrome
- Other “congenital” conditions: those present at birth and those that develop as a child grows
Geisinger neurosurgeons are the only ones in the region to offer this high level of care.
Surgery for epilepsy
Our physicians target the brain, right where seizures start.
Epilepsy Monitoring Unit
A regional referral center for children with epilepsy