Foot & ankle experts - From the ground, up
Getting the right care for injuries to the foot or ankle is essential to restoring your full mobility - and maintaining your mobility in the future.
The team at Geisinger Orthopaedic Institute's Foot and Ankle Center are experts in caring for feet, toes, ankles and arches, and we have physicians with specialized, fellowship training in conditions of the lower leg and foot.
Geisinger's Foot and Ankle Center experts also participate in orthopaedic research and clinical trials that mean you can benefit from the latest treatments and findings in foot and ankle care.
Whether your condition is caused by injury, developed with age, or was present at birth, Geisinger brings you the expertise you need for accurate, effective diagnosis and treatment.
For more information, call Geisinger Orthopaedic Institute at 1.866.414.4988 or 570.271.7969.
Orthopaedics: Expert Care for the Foot and Ankle
Fellowship trained foot and ankle surgeon Jerry Cush, MD, describes the highly specialized program at Geisinger.
Our experts in foot and ankle work closely with Geisinger Sports Medicine.
We also have experts in orthopaedic care for kids at Janet Weis Children's Hospital.
The experts at Geisinger Orthopaedic Institute are available to treat even the most complex problems of the foot and ankle. Our team prefers to treat foot and ankle conditions without surgery, whenever possible. When surgery is required, our fellowship trained orthopaedic surgeons are highly experienced in repairing muscles, tendons, bones, joints and circulation. Whether a bone requires complex repair after a fracture - or a tendon must be repaired after injury - you can rely on Geisinger's experience, training and expertise.
Common conditions include:
- All fractures of the foot and ankle, including stress fractures
- All sports-related foot and ankle injuries
- Ankle pain, including arthritis, replacement or fusions, instability and chronic sprains
- Arthritis affecting the big toe ("hallux rigidus") and other joints
- Flat feet
- Heel pain
- High arches
- Cavovarus foot deformity
- In-grown toe nails requiring surgery
- Mid-foot arthritis
- Pain in the ball of the foot ("metatarsalgia")
- Pain or numbness in the toes ("Morton's neuroma")
- Tarsal tunnel, involving nerves in the foot
- Toe deformities, including hammertoes, mallet toe and claw toes
- Posterior tibial tendon dysfunction (PTTD)
We provide advanced therapies and treatments, including:
- Ankle replacement
- Arthroscopy, using the smallest incisions possible
- Complex fracture care
- Calcaneus fracture
- Jones fracture
- Lis franc injury
- Custom braces and orthotics
- Custom casting and splinting
- Reconstructive surgery after injury, including recurring injuries, sports injuries and other accidents
- Reconstructive surgery related to arthritis or deformities
- Replacement and repair of tendons and ligaments