The experts at Geisinger’s Hip and Knee Center offer a complete, personalized program staffed by a team of physicians, nurses and therapists who specialize in orthopaedics, as well as dedicated care managers and pharmacists. They’ll work together with you to customize your care and make sure you have the information, resources and support you’ll need to get back on your feet.
Hip & Knee Joint Replacement at Geisinger
Thomas Bowen, MD, describes the benefits of choosing Geisinger for your joint replacement.
Our comprehensive hip and knee program includes:
- Education for you and your loved ones before surgery
- One-on-one and group physical therapy to build strength and improve flexibility
- Specialized nursing care
- Blood conservation program
- Occupational therapists, who will work with you so you can regain your independence as quickly as possible
- A plan for your discharge from the hospital when you’re medically ready... providing you and your loved ones with the information, resources and support you’ll need for a full recovery (more).
We’ll work with you to create a recovery program based on your individual goals. For more information, please call Geisinger Orthopaedic Institute at 1-866-414-4988.
Geisinger has received national attention for its innovative ProvenCare® program for hip replacement:
Both Geisinger Wyoming Valley and Geisinger Medical Center have been recognized recognized as Blue Distinction Center for Hip and Knee Replacement.
Common conditions of the hip and knee include:
- Autoimmune diseases, like systemic lupus erythematosus or rheumatoid arthritis
- Avascular necrosis or osteonecrosis caused by poor blood supply
- Metabolic bone disease such as Paget’s disease
- Osteoarthritis, caused by wear and tear on the joints*
- Osteoporosis, or loss of bone mineral density
- Traumatic injuries
We provide advanced therapies and treatments including:
- Hip replacement
- Anterior approach
- Anterolateral approach
- Posterior approach
- Revision hip replacement
- Hip resurfacing
- Knee replacement
- Reconstructive surgery related to arthritis or deformity
- Custom casting and splinting
- Custom braces and orthotics