Joint Care Program at Geisinger Wyoming Valley, Wilkes-Barre, PA
If arthritis is causing your joint pain, our physicians who specialize in Orthopaedic Surgery offer treatments that can help you return to the activities you enjoy. These skilled surgeons bring their experience every day to those who need joint replacement care and recovery.
To request an appointment with the Joint Care Program at Geisinger Wyoming Valley in Wilkes-Barre, call 1.800.921.1467. Click for a testimonial from a previous Geisinger hip patient.
We’ve designed our program to ensure that you’re ready for surgery and that you receive the care and therapy you need afterward. So you can get back to your important activities—and to the fun ones, too.
We treat bone and joint problems caused by:
- Osteoarthritis caused by wear and tear on the joints
- Osteoporosis, or loss of bone mineral density
- Lupus, which causes problems in the tissues of the joints
- Rheumatoid arthritis, a chronic condition that causes joint pain and stiffness
- Metabolic bone disease, which causes bones to weaken
Our comprehensive hip and knee program includes:
- Education for you and your family before surgery
- One-on-one and group physical therapy to build strength and improve flexibility
- Nursing care from specialists in orthopaedics
- Blood conservation program, to avoid transfusion and speed healing
- Occupational therapists, who will work with you so you can regain your independence as quickly as possible
- A plan for your return home, to make sure you have the information, resources and support you’ll need for a full recovery. >more
- Gender-specific knee replacement surgery for women
We’ll work with you to create a recovery program based on your goals and to get you back to all of your activities.