The multidisciplinary team members of the Geisinger Orthopaedic Institute participate in:
- Advanced outcomes and population-based research through the Geisinger Center for Health Research
- Molecular, cellular and genomics research at the Sigfried and Janet Weis Center for Health Research.
- Trials of new drugs, devices and techniques through the Geisinger Center for Clinical Studies.
Aided by Geisinger’s nationally recognized and award winning electronic medical record, Geisinger Orthopaedic Institute is at the forefront of the country's rapidly emerging electronic health records movement, and our orthopaedic team is driving groundbreaking epidemiologic and outcomes-based research in the fields of orthopaedic surgery and sports medicine.
For more information on research opportunities at Geisinger, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
current research initiatives
- Complex Spine Study Group (CSSG) Multi-Center Retrospective and Observational Data Registry for Clinical and Radiographic Outcomes of Complex Spine Surgeries
- Sequencing the Microbiome of Infected Hardware
- Using Reamer Irrigator Aspirator System for Bone Harvesting in Foot and Ankle Surgery
- FORCE-TJR: Function and Outcomes Research for Comparative Effectiveness in Total Joint Replacement
- Lidocaine Analgesia for Removal of Wound Vacuum Assisted Closure Dressings: A Randomized Double Blinded Controlled Trial
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) and Joint Replacement Infection.
- Sonication of Antibiotic Spacers in Total Knee Revision Surgeries
- Reverse Total Shoulder Arthroplasty in Morbidly Obese Patients
- Retrospective Review Comparing Autograft vs. Allograft in Long Bone Non-unions at Multiple Institutions
- Total Knee Arthroplasty (TKA) Revision - Stem vs. Stemless Femoral Components
- Treatment of Intertrochanteric Fracture: Long Nail or Short Nail?
- Brace Treatment for Distal Radius Torus Fractures
- Multi-Center Study - Arthroscopic Knee & Shoulder Surgery Complications
- Clinical Relevance of Sonicated Orthopaedic Implants: An Observational Study
- Pediatric ATV Injuries: Incidence and Cost in the State of Pennsylvania
- Outcomes of Limited Sinus Tarsi Approach Compared to the Extended Lateral Approach for treatment of Intra-articular Calcaneus Fractures
- Prospective Multicenter Open Label Study of the Encore Reverse® Shoulder Prosthesis
- Spine Damage Control: A Safe and Effective Treatment Modality for Unstable Spine Fractures in Multiply Injured Patients
- Regional Anesthesia for Upper and Lower Extremity Fracture Surgery: Analysis of Safety and Efficacy
- Intraosseous Suture Button Technique Fixation for Lis Franc Fracture/Dislocations
- Expanding Comparative Effectiveness Research in Orthopaedics by Capturing Uniform Measures of Patient-Reported Functional Outcomes at Two Institutions.
- Evaluating the Effect of a Medical Home Model of Postoperative Care on Morbidity and Mortality in Hip Fracture Patients
- The Incident of Low Bone Mineral Density in the Orthopaedic Trauma Population
- A Novel Physical Exam Model for Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip
- Outcome of Unstable Pelvic Fractures
- Outcome of Open Fractures with Wound Vac
- Acute Outcome of Multiply Injured Patients with Femoral Fractures
- ProvenCareTM Hip: A Provider Driven Quality Improvement Program for Total Hip Arthroplasty
- Ankle Fracture with Intramedullary Nail with Diabetic Co-Morbidities
- Open Treatment of Acromioclavicular Joint Disruption
- Locked Plates for the Treatment of Periprosthetic Supracondylar Femur Fractures with Total Knee Arthroplasty