Zhiyong Hou, MD, Research Fellow
Dr. Zhiyong Hou joined Geisinger from Shijiazhuang, China. He is a 1998 graduate of China’s Hebei Medical University, and he has been a trauma surgeon for over ten years. He is a multiple-recipient of the “Good Physician” award from the Third Hospital of Hebei Medical University.
Dr. Hou has published one book and nearly 30 research papers in China, and he recently has had two papers accepted into The Journal of Trauma.
At Geisinger, Dr. Hou conducted and published peer reviewed clinical research with an emphasis on orthopaedic trauma injuries. He was involved in implementing and improving standardized treatment protocols for various traumatic injuries.
He hopes his work with Geisinger Orthopaedic Institute will help to further establish the Third Hospital of Hebei Medical University as a major contributor to orthopaedic trauma research.
Some of Dr. Hou’s published research includes
- Hou Z, Bowen TR, Smith WR: "Periprosthetic Femoral Fractures Associated With Hip Arthroplasty" Orthopaedics 2010 Dec 1;33(12):908-916
- Hou Z, Riehl JT, Smith WR, Strohecker KA, Maloney PJ: "Severe Postpartum Disruption of the Pelvic Ring: Report of Two Cases and Review of the Literature" Patient Saf Surg 2011 Jan 13;5(1):2
- Zhiyong Hou, Xiangbei Qi, Bofeng Zhang, et al. Treatment of distal radial comminuted fracture by moving transarticular moving external fixation. Hebei Medical Journal, 2004, 26(1): 85-86.
- Zhiyong Hou, Changping Zhao, Bofeng Zhang, et al. Treatment of proximal tibial open fracture complicated with vessel injury by transarticular external fixation. Chinese Journal of Orthopeadic Trauma, 2004, 6 (4): 472-473.
- Zhiyong Hou, Yingze Zhang, Xiangbei Qi, et al. Dislocation and Fracture of Hip Joint Incorporating With Posterior Cruciate Ligament Injury -Traumatic Mechanism and Analysis of Leakage Diagnosis. Chinese Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma, 2005, 7(9) 892-894.
- Zhiyong Hou, Yingze Zhang, Panjin She, et al. Traumatic mechanism and analysis of leakage diagnosis of the distal tibial spiral fracture associated with the posterior malleolus fracture. Chinese Journal of Trauma, 2006, 22(2): 152-153.
- Zhiyong Hou, Yingze Zhang, Xirui Wu, et al. The distal tibial spiral fracture associated with the posterior malleolus fracture: analysis of injuries in patients. Chinese Journal of Orthopeadics, 2006, 26(4): 278.
- Zhiyong Hou, Yingze Zhang, Panjin She, et al. Evaluation of the different treatments of tarso-metatarsal joint injury. Chinese Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine, 2006, 12: 1101-1104.
- Zhiyong Hou, Qi Zhang, Yingze Zhang, et al. An occult and regular combination injury: the Posterior Malleolar Fracture Associated with Spiral Tibial shaft Fracture. J Trauma. 2009, 66: 1385-1390.
- Zhiyong Hou, Qi Zhang, Wei Chen, et al. The application of the axial view projection of the S1 pedicle for sacroiliac screw. The Journal of Trauma. In press
- Presentation: Evaluation of the different treatments of tarso-metatarsal joint injury. 2007 China Orthopaedic Association meeting.