Geisinger offers a variety of classes to help expectant parents prepare for labor, delivery and caring for their newborn, including:
- Prepared Childbirth Classes - A fun, informative class to empower mom and coach as they prepare for childbirth.
- Basic Skills for New Parents - A two-evening class to help build confidence and knowledge in your parenting skills.
- Breastfeeding - Meet with a lactation specialist to learn why and how breastfeeding is the recommended way to feed your new baby.
- Refresher Class - For parents having another baby - whether it was 1 year ago or 10 - a review covering what may have changed, and how this experience may be similar, yet different.
- Sibling Class - Bring the kids for an evening of fun - learn how to be a great, and safe, big brother or sister (ages 2-10).
- Infant/Child CPR - A two-hour Friends and Family® Class affiliated with the American Heart Association® to learn techniques for CPR and choking.
All classes are taught by certified childbirth educators or certified lactation consultants.
2014 Class Schedules:
- Geisinger Medical Center
- Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center
- Geisinger - Gray's Woods
- Geisinger - Tunkhannock
- Geisinger - Susquehanna University
Ideally, classes should be taken in your last trimester of pregnancy. Please register early to ensure you are able to sign up for your preferred dates, as class sizes are limited. To register, call 1.800.275.6401 and say "Women's Health" or click to search the Community Events Calendar and register online.